You'll Know Me As...

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Founder of @ProjekMimpi - a reality book and workshop project. Founder of @LenteraMahadaya - a non profit organization for Muallaf / Muslim convert Proud owner of Love Actually Planner @LA_Planner + @Lady Mosh Invaders [Rockin' clothing line for hijabers] @LadyMoshInvader - Twinkle Twinkle(band) Manager @thetwinkstars. Media / Promotion Manager of @KitchenDeath gothic band Jakarta - a rebel. a lover. a dreamer. a believer. a fighter. lately a muallaf. loves writing fiksimini and blogging. an ordinary someone with XTRAordinary dreams. a proud SINGLE mother of one adorable metalhead son \m/ .that i can be a bitch most of the times [err in a positive way I suppose?] .hopelessly romantic ordinary woman - LOOKING FOR that special someone to fill in the 'gap' and help making me whole; again -

Friday, October 7, 2011

|Miracles Still Happen: When You Believe - A Story of Hope, Faith and ALLAH's Love: Waking Up From a Comma

This is a story of my dad. This is a story about miracle. This is a story about his personal encounter with ALLAH; and got his life saved.

About 3 years ago, my dad started to have really bad problems with his sight. He couldn't see clearly and need to undergo a series of eye therapy.
When finally his sight became worst the doctor recommend him to have eye surgery instead.
My dad had gone through 4 times eye surgery and his sight was even worst than ever. He only has 10% of his sight and everything became really blur for him.

My dad has diabetes and has already lost one eye due to diabetes complication. This is the only eye he has left and he became really stressful of the thoughts of losing his only eye.

Decision had been made; my mom decided to bring my dad for another eye surgery in Singapore in one of the best hospital in town. Meeting arrangement with the doctor had been set up, tickets had been ordered and passports had been renewed. All set.

Few days before my dad's departure to Singapore, I prayed. I felt really crushed because all I ever wanted is to have my dad walking beside me on my wedding day (one day) and I will be the one who will be holding his hands proudly. If the operation failed, how could I have him walk beside me?

In the middle of me crying, I heard ALLAH said 'stop crying, your dad is already healed'
I wasn't so sure at first. I kept asking ALLAH to show me proof if he's healed

I have a custom of laying my hand on the Holy Qur'an cover and ask for ALLAH's wisdom to show me what HE wants to say. Amazingly, HE shown me verses of miracle healing in two different Chapter. All verses about healing!

My heart jumped with joy and I dialed my mom number directly to tell her that no need to go to Singapore 'cause daddy is healed!

But I had to swallow my happiness in an instant. My mom doesn't believe me and even turn my call off when I mentioned about praying in faith.

Few days before leaving to Singapore, my mom called again and cried at the phone saying that my dad has to be hospitalized in Jakarta due to prostate infection and need to be operate soon.

I was at the office in Bali at that time and I felt that my head spin. What is this? My dad's eye is still in worrying condition and now, another operation need to be done for his prostate infection.

Honestly, at that time, I start questioning God....
"Why?????"

That morning on July 3rd, 2009; my dad undergo prostate surgery and need to be isolated in the ICU for thorough evaluation; in case anything happen due to his diabetes complication. For someone with diabetes like my dad, sugar level in his blood need to be well maintained. If it's too high or too low, my dad's life is at risk. Having a diabetes also means that the high sugar level above normal could affect other body parts and damage them.

That July 3rd, 2009 at 17:00, my mom called-cried-and told me that there had been bleeding. I was in complete shocked and decided to fly to Jakarta immediately on the first flight in the next morning.

When I finally reached the hospital, I stormed my way to the ICU; eagerly seeing my dad. What a relief seeing him a better condition and what surprise me the most is: he told me that he could see now! My dad said that his sight is fully recovered! Without any eye surgery at all!
Now I finally understand that, that night when I prayed; ALLAH healed my dad's sight. That's why HE asked me not to cry anymore.

But.........the story has not end yet.
July 5th, 05:00 AM, my dad has another bleeding and need to be rushed to the operating theater once again.....
"What now???"

July 5th, 13:00 PM, my dad started to had breathing difficulty. The oxygen level in his blood is not sufficient enough to supply his needs – and if it’s continued, my dad may lose his consciousness.

July 5th, 18:00 PM, my dad start to lose conscious; the oxygen level now was below normal; his heartbeat increasing rapidly. The normal rate is between 80 – 100, but my dad’s was 180!

Doctor said that my dad had a heart attack and pneumonia

Tears are all over my face. Seeing my dad in pain, trying to absorb the oxygen really tore my heart in pieces. I kept singing praying asking ALLAH to help my dad make it thru so he could breathe normally again.

But my prayers seemed didn’t change anything….My dad was like fish struggling for water. He’s now unconscious….

July 5th, 23:00 PM
My dad was now 100% fully supplied by oxygen from the machine and couldn't breathe on his own; his now in comma....

Doctor told us that with my dad's condition, he only had under 50% chance of survival and our family pastor 
(my family are Christians - mostly)  even said that we had to prepare for the worst.
He even told us to have a family prayer in my dad's ICU room and personally let him know that "it's okay if you have to go....."
My mom even already arranged my dad's best suites to be delivered from our home and my aunts and uncles had already discussed about my dad's coffin...

BUT.....
Human's way are not ALLAH's
ALLAH's power can't be limited.

After almost 2 days of comma.....my dad, finally opened his eyes.....and started breathing on his own

Theoretically, after almost 5 hours struggling with no sufficient oxygen, my dad was supposed to had some nerves damaged and might be some memory or brain function loss.
But guess what??? He's 100% cure! PERFECT!

I used to say that "dear GOD, I had a big problem"; but now, I will stand proudly and say "hey problem, I have a BIG GOD!"

Miracles do happen.....and will still happen as long as we believe in HIM



"and We sent down in the Quran that is healing and mercy to those who believe" Quran 17:82

No comments:

Post a Comment