You'll Know Me As...

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Founder of @ProjekMimpi - a reality book and workshop project. Founder of @LenteraMahadaya - a non profit organization for Muallaf / Muslim convert Proud owner of Love Actually Planner @LA_Planner + @Lady Mosh Invaders [Rockin' clothing line for hijabers] @LadyMoshInvader - Twinkle Twinkle(band) Manager @thetwinkstars. Media / Promotion Manager of @KitchenDeath gothic band Jakarta - a rebel. a lover. a dreamer. a believer. a fighter. lately a muallaf. loves writing fiksimini and blogging. an ordinary someone with XTRAordinary dreams. a proud SINGLE mother of one adorable metalhead son \m/ .that i can be a bitch most of the times [err in a positive way I suppose?] .hopelessly romantic ordinary woman - LOOKING FOR that special someone to fill in the 'gap' and help making me whole; again -

Friday, October 7, 2011

Tell Someone You Love Them

It doesn't require a great deal of energy to make a huge difference to your community.

Starting today, please spend some time to tell the people around you that you love them.
A simple word which could heal the broken-hearted, could give comfort to people with burden, could give courage to those who has no faith to go on, and could give a touch of love to those who yearn of ALLAH's unconditional love.

[a tiny baby step could change the whole world]


This is a movement to touch others' lives - ALLAH's way. 
Focusing on regaining our healthy identity back just as how the way ALLAH would want us to be.


People with broken past; growing up in unhealthy environment; victim of abusive parents or people that they trusted the most; people with emotional insecurity; abandoned children; and so many others who are emotionally damaged; are hard to accept themselves and always have negative sentiments over themselves; treat themselves badly in a harmful & destructive ways [both physically & mentally - often lead to suicide attempt]; no self respect; - which also affected the way they treated others

Me, for example; was raised in a very conservative family. A always means A, no toleration for AB, B or even C
On the other hand, I'm a very very strong headed person.
We often argue and ended up with verbal abuse - starting when I was 13
I was not a really bright kid - just ordinary. Didn't make many friends; not even talented and not even could be proud of.
I was adopted and....my adoptive parents said that all because of I was conceived from a bad seed
I was often told that I was no good.
No good and nice things could come out of me.


These verbal abuse starting to grow to physical abuses.
I was beat up; thrown at with chair; felt my dad's feet on my head; thrown to the wall and even forced to swallow poisonous ingredients with my mom cheering at my back

They could never heard me saying no on their condition.



I grew up into a very very destructive teenager.
Learn to smoke at the age of 13
Learn to love alcoholic drink & even use cannabis on later stage
Living a really wild life - for me my life started at midnight - when the normal people sleep, me and my homies just start dealing with rock and roll, drugs and party. Whew!

I even had tried to attempt suicide for 4 times!
I ended up in ICU for 4 times and wondered why I still alive

One day, I had a breakthrough, that changed my life in an instant.
On my 5th suicide attempt, I was at a bus; I heard a singing sung by a homeless. It was a religious song.
Amazingly, after a year of not having any interaction with God-and never been able to cry for any of religious songs I'd heard- but on that night, just when I about to end my life; I cried
But this time, a different cry....
I felt that all my burden; my hatred; my feeling of unloved-insecurity-unworthy-rejection are all washed away





I felt that on that night I have found my way out...
and miraculously the strength to forgive myself and my past flows from within
I'm now reborn - and even better: I now have abundant love to be given to those who are just like who I used to be



This is a story of how ALLAH has shown me the way back to HIS love. But unfortunately, not everyone has the chance to experience HIS great kindness & grace because they have never heard of HIM

This is a movement; to let people know that even we are broken and shattered [just like a vase]; ALLAH would love to glued us again with HIS abundant love-HIS unconditional acceptance and would love to put again a bundle of fresh beautiful flowers inside each one of us.
We may still look broken from the outside after all that we've been through, but, one thing for sure, it could never change the fact that from the broken vase, we could still see the beauty of the flowers within.



And moreover, we are destined to great things with our lives -don't just dream, make it happen! If ALLAH be with us when we cross the START line, HE will also be there when we finally reach the FINISH line.


This is my desire that each one of us could look at themselves the way ALLAH value us :)

-THIS IS A CROSS- CULTURE, RACE AND RELIGIONS MOVEMENT. WE'RE ALL HUMANS AND WE'RE A
LL EQUAL IN ALLAH'S SIGHT-

No comments:

Post a Comment